package (#21) - Installing on Windows (#115) - Message List

Installing on Windows

Im following the instructions on the page to install Pgrouting but im getting lost. I download lot of exe also some libraries.

What this CP Stand for? cp /include/*.h /mingw/include cp /lib/libpthreadGC2.a /mingw/lib/libpthread.a

Also when i was installing MinGW-5.0.3.exe i couldnt download the install files. Im guessing because im behind a firewall and i couldnt put the proxy info. I will try again at home and see if i can install this.

PD: There isnt a simple install package for windows?

• Message #426

"CP" stands for "copy".

Indeed it needs a lot more work to setup a Windows PC to compile the source code. There have been some contributions in the past, so we could offer a Windows installer version.
    On one side the demand for Windows support is high, but the contribution "motivation" is low. We also would appreciate if someone could provide a Windows version.

• Message #438

Can anyone tell me what is the way to install pgRouting on Windows? Using pgRouting-1.0.0.a-0_win32.exe as an installer or pgRouting-1.0_win32.zip?

I have installed by using the installer but cannot see the librouting.dll or routing_core.sql in any folders under c:\program files\postgresql.

Anyway, I have tried to install it. When I tried the command "SELECT * FROM shortest_path('SELECT id, source::integer, target::integer, cost::double precision FROM edge_table',1, 9, false, false);" I have got this error "ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 19139880". What does it mean?

Thanks.

• Message #820

Hello,

I'm trying to install pgrouting on Windows Vista and I´m quite lost. I need to calculate the shortest path between two points on a layer of a map called "paths" which I charge from the MapGuide? tool (mapguide.osgeo.org) (in principle and if I´m not mistaken with the installation of MapGuide? installs the requirements: PostgreSQL, PostGIS, C and C++ compilers (Microsoft Visual Studio), Boost, ...). I tried to install the MinGW-5.0.3.exe but gives me problems. Besides, I was unclear whether it is necessary to install it with MSYS-1.0.11 and pthread-win32-2.7.0, because also in the installation manual does not show anything unpacking pgRouting-1.0_win32.zip. The executable pgRouting-1.0.0.a-0_win32.exe spoken by the previous post is labeled ... Could someone guide me a little?

Thank you very much and a greeting.

• Message #822

The pgRouting-1.0.0.a-0_win32.exe windows binary was gracefully compiled by David, but we just placed a link on the project page.

Unfortunately we don't provide Windows binaries since our routing applications always run on Linux servers. I know that setup a MinGW compiling environment can be quite hard.

Since we currently don't have the resources to work on better Windows support we count on the community here providing new binaries and/or updated documentation.

You could try to ask at the mailing list, too.

• Message #1004

I tried to build pgrouting for window, but very hard to understand and make it myself and unlucky www.davidgis.fr wasn't available.

• Message #1590

I tried following all steps, and I understand, I am where I do "make", and the errors are:

$ make [ 8%] Building C object extra/tsp/src/CMakeFiles/routing_tsp.dir/tsp.obj In file included from C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/include/server/postgres.h: 48,

from c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.h:25, from c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:22:

C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/include/server/c.h:96:21: libintl.h: No such fil e or directory In file included from c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:22: c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.h:26:23: dijkstra.h: No such file or directory c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:189: error: syntax error before "path_element_t " c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c: In function `solve_tsp': c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:218: error: `p_ids' undeclared (first use in th is function) c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:218: error: (Each undeclared identifier is repo rted only once c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:218: error: for each function it appears in.) c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:243: error: `sql' undeclared (first use in this

function)

c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:345: error: `source' undeclared (first use in t his function) c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:349: error: `path_element_t' undeclared (first use in this function) c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:349: error: syntax error before ')' token c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c: In function `tsp': c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:377: error: `path_element_t' undeclared (first use in this function) c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:377: error: `path' undeclared (first use in thi s function) c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:397: error: syntax error before ')' token c:/pgrouting/extra/tsp/src/tsp.c:424: error: syntax error before ')' token make[2]: *** [extra/tsp/src/CMakeFiles/routing_tsp.dir/tsp.obj] Error 1 make[1]: *** [extra/tsp/src/CMakeFiles/routing_tsp.dir/all] Error 2 make: *** [all] Error 2

I need to install libintl.h ? where is that header?

Thanks!