dijkstra (#16) - Doubts and sugestions (#128) - Message List

Doubts and sugestions

Hi! Congratulations for this fantastic set of routing tools!

• Doubts and suggestions:
  • (1) I think there is an error on the tutorial concerning the use of assign_vertex_id() function. It uses 4 instead of 2 arguments;
  • (2) How about indexes use in this function;
  • (3) And last I found this error in the same method when using the default (-1) SRID value:

ERROR: new row for relation "vertices_tmp" violates check constraint "enforce_srid_the_geom" CONTEXT: SQL statement "INSERT INTO vertices_tmp (the_geom) VALUES ( $1 )" PL/pgSQL function "point_to_id" line 13 at SQL statement PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id_new" line 23 at assignment NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "vertices_tmp_id_seq" for serial column "vertices_tmp.id" CONTEXT: SQL statement "CREATE TABLE vertices_tmp ( id serial )" PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id_new" line 13 at SQL statement

Which I fixed conserving the same SRID as the input theme:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "public"."assign_vertexes" (geom_table varchar, tolerance double precision, srid integer) RETURNS "pg_catalog"."void" AS $body$ DECLARE

points record; source_id int; target_id int;

BEGIN

BEGIN

DROP TABLE vertices_tmp;

EXCEPTION

WHEN UNDEFINED_TABLE THEN

END;

CREATE TABLE vertices_tmp (id SERIAL);

EXECUTE 'SELECT addGeometryColumn(vertices_tmp, the_geom, ' quote_literal(srid) ', POINT, 2) ';

. . .

Best regards ::kamo

• Message #460

Thank you!

Yes, the documentation is a little bit outdated, sorry. It is funny, but assign_vertex_id is the function with biggest number of contributions grom the community. Your improvement also makes sense, so I will add it to the function.