others (#15) - Help me about pgrouting 1.02 (#234) - Message List

Help me about pgrouting 1.02

Now,i had setup PostgreSQL 8.3 and postgis-pg83-setup-1.3.5-1 and support pgrouting 1.2. But when I try to made follow instruction I receive a report: -- ERROR: syntax error at or near "1" LINE 86: 1 1 2 4 4 double sens 1 0 5 0 1 0105000000010000000102000000...

********** Error **********

ERROR: syntax error at or near "1" SQL state: 42601 Character: 2064 -- Please, help me.I'm a new member use pgrouting. I can't solve own. I use data "roads.sql" in pgrouting 1.2 support PostgreSQL 8.3.

• Message #824

Hi,

Could you tell me where you got the "roads.sql" from?
    Which OS are you using?

Did you try the Workshops already? They are a very good start for pgRouting.

• Message #825

Hi, Daniel. I use WindowXP 2, when i download pgrouting from  http://www.davidgis.fr/download/pgRouting-1.02_pg-8.3.3.zip and then unzip it. I receive roads.sql from folder pgRouting-1.02_pg-8.3.3. I tried to use the same instruction but I can't complete. Please, help me. I don't know the way i send document and software I use for you from here. But when you search "pgrouting 1.02 on win32" u'll receive doc from pgrouting.

Could U can reply for me nearest time? I want your help to me.

• Message #826

OK, this is demo data I never tried myself nore I'm using windows.
        Nevertheless I will try to help if you could provide me with more informations.

It's not really clear to me yet what you already did before you got this error. Could you list your steps after installation?

the first problem I could imagine is that pgRouting-1.02_pg-8.3.3 was compiled for PostgreSQL 8.3.3, which is not exactly the version you seem to use. I'm not sure how important this is on Windows.

Daniel

PS: Could you format error messages, etc. with triple '{{{' to make it more readable?

{{{
          ... error messages, etc.
        }}}

• Message #827

Daniel, i have just use pgrouting for my project. I'm a student. You can receive instruction from  http://www.davidgis.fr/documentation/pgrouting-1.02/ I try to use instruction very simple. but i don't know why i can't complete.

• Message #828

That's a nice tutorial of David. Didn't see that one yet.

Since he also compiled the Windows binaries it should actually work, so I guess you should try PostgreSQL 8.3.3 version. This could be the problem.

• Message #829

Hi dianel, You are right. I find a problem in my project. Thanks a lot. You are good. I overvalue you...