demo (#22) - function assign_vertex_id does not exist (#240) - Message List

function assign_vertex_id does not exist

Dear Forum,

I try to use pgRouting 1.03 on a Debian-machine.

I didn`t get any errors while doint the installation: http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/wiki/1.x/InstallationManual

but in the database the function assign_vertex_id does not exist (while the other routing functions seem to be in).

What might create that problem?

Thank you very much, Kai

• Message #843

In 1.0.3 one must load also routing_topology.sql, then the functions are in the database. But now I get

SQL error:

server closed the connection unexpectedly

This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

In der Anweisung: SELECT assign_vertex_id('routingroads', 0.001, 'the_geom_900913', 'gid')

??

• Message #844

Hello Kai,

Welcome back to the forum. If you use Linux anyhow, I would recommend you to checkout the trunk version. Because there were no big changes recently but probably a few bug fixes, trunk version might be the better choice.

• Message #845

Hi Daniel,

ok, I will try that. I think the problem I have now is a problem of PostgreSQL. It`s written "Note: "endpoint()" function fails for some versions of PostgreSQL (ie. 8.2.5, 8.1.9). A workaround for that problem is using the "PointN()" function instead:"

I wonder how to get that in

" FOR _r IN EXECUTE 'SELECT ' quote_ident(gid_cname) ' AS id,'

' StartPoint?(' quote_ident(geo_cname) ') AS source,'
      ' EndPoint?(' quote_ident(geo_cname) ') as target'
      ' FROM ' quote_ident(geom_table) " (so far I had no luck).

Best regards, Kai

• Message #846

Do you mean this? http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/wiki/Workshop-PrepareAStar

There is a work-around how to get the same if you can't use this function.

• Message #847

Yes, that workaround works well, but I think I need to get that workaround also in the function "assign_vertex_id" (That`s the point where I stuck in the moment).

But anyway, I think it`s really time to update my old 8.1.15-Postgresql-Version today :-) (that might solve the problem).

Best regards, Kai