others (#15) - ERROR: unsupported language "routing" (#328) - Message List

ERROR: unsupported language "routing"

I have installed PostgreSQL and PostGIS successfully on a CentOS 5.4 x86_64 server and created the template_postgis as usual, see e.g.  http://geospatial.nomad-labs.com/2007/12/16/template-postgis-database/

Then I tried to install pgRouting according to the wiki Installation Manual page. All the dependencies (PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Proj, GEOS, Boost, GAUL and cmake) were installed as required. Also the pgRouting itself compiled and installed without any problems.

However, when I got to Step 3 Database Set Up, there is a problem. I wanted to make a template database, so here is what I did:

In the psql shell as user 'postgres':

CREATE DATABASE template_pgrouting WITH TEMPLATE=template_postgis ENCODING='utf8';
UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate=TRUE WHERE datname='template_pgrouting':
\c template_pgrouting;
CREATE LANGUAGE routing;
ERROR:  unsupported language "routing"
HINT:  The supported languages are listed in the pg_pltemplate system catalog.
template_pgrouting=# SELECT tmplname,tmpllibrary FROM pg_pltemplate;
 tmplname  |   tmpllibrary
-----------+------------------
 plpgsql   | $libdir/plpgsql
 pltcl     | $libdir/pltcl
 pltclu    | $libdir/pltcl
 plperl    | $libdir/plperl
 plperlu   | $libdir/plperl
 plpythonu | $libdir/plpython
(6 rows)

So, there is no "routing" language. But there were no errors with 'make install' when I installed pgRouting.

Here are the versions that I'm using:

boost 1.33.1 10.el5
cmake-2.8.0
gaul-devel-0.1849-0
postgis-1.3.6
proj-4.7.0
geos-3.2.0
postgis-1.3.6
pgRouting-1.03

If I check the libraries in /usr/lib64/pgsql, they seem to be in place:

# ls -Z /usr/lib64/pgsql/libr*
-rwxr-xr-x  root root system_u:object_r:lib_t /usr/lib64/pgsql/librouting.so
-rwxr-xr-x  root root system_u:object_r:lib_t /usr/lib64/pgsql/librouting_tsp.so

I set the SELinux context for these libraries the same as for all the other libraries in that directory.

Any ideas, where should I look next? Is anyone else having a similar problem?

• Message #1366

Forget the question. :-) Obviously "routing" was not a name of any language but that of the database that was used in the installation example. Too many late hours work can do that to you (or me)... Sorry for the dumb question.