tsp (#20) - Help using librouting_tsp.dll (#367) - Message List

Help using librouting_tsp.dll

Hi,

This is my first post, im working on my thesis project on the Traveling salesman problem using genetics algorithms, applied to a local delivery company. Im doing research on TSP postgres functions like: tsp_ids(), tsp_dijkstra_directed() and tsp_astar_directed().

I have the following questions:

1) Is there any documentation available for understanding how the genetics algorithms used in the library librouting_tsp.dll works?

2) If anyone could tell me some basic differences between tsp_dijkstra_directed () and tsp_astar_directed()

3) Also im working under Windows and have some problems with failure of connection on postgres, mostly when I run a function that throw an error as the output value. Im using Postgres 8.4.3.1, postgis-pg84-setup-1.5.0-1 and pgRouting-1.03_pg-8.4.2

4) And finally testing the function tsp_astar_directed using the example table 'wr' with the following parameters: tsp_astar_directed('wr', '5,8,7,6', 7, 0.0, true, true)

The output throws an unexpected result in the order of visit of the vertexes, The algorithm visits more than one time some vertexes before finally getting to vertex 8th and comeback to the initial vertex 7th.

Thank you very much for all the help you can provide.

Flavio