Opened 14 months ago

Last modified 5 months ago

wrong segment selected

Reported by: milovanderlinden Owned by: somebody
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: Dijkstra Version:
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Hi there! I am setting up pgRouting with openstreetmap data. I have something odd. (See screenshots) I have two nodes in my network that are connected by two lines like this:

| | | | | | | | | | -----B-----

I use both cost and revers cost, but no matter how high I set the cost for edge B, it refuses to return edge A in a routing request.

The live example is here:  http://dogomaps.net/yours/test.html?flat=12.521319256979&flon=-70.041577813017&tlat=12.519669651038&tlon=-70.039394494879&v=motorcar&fast=1&layer=mapnik

Can it be that it does a select limit 1 under water or something that in my case always returns the wrong one?

Attachments

osm-screenshot.png Download (70.0 KB) - added by milovanderlinden 14 months ago.
Route selected by pgRouting
qgis-screenshot.png Download (69.7 KB) - added by milovanderlinden 14 months ago.
topology in qGIS, the symbol represents the number of connections to the node (triangle=3, square=4)
osm2pgrouting.sql Download (3.6 KB) - added by milovanderlinden 14 months ago.
Script to create tables from the openstreetmap tables for routing

Change History

Changed 14 months ago by milovanderlinden

Route selected by pgRouting

topology in qGIS, the symbol represents the number of connections to the node (triangle=3, square=4)

Changed 14 months ago by anton

It would be a huge help if you could attach a dump of your table around this suspicious place.

A dump seems to be too big. I got one ready but it will not upload.

Basically, what I do is: 1 - Grab the planet file for Aruba: wget  http://planet.openstreetmap.nl/planet-aruba-latest.osm.gz

2 - Use osm2pgsql to load the openstreetmap data into my database: ./osm2pgsql -H <server> -l -s -d <database> -U <db-user> -W planet-aruba-latest.osm.gz

3 - And then run the script (see attachement) to generate the tables for routing: psql -h <server> -U <db-user> -d <db-user> -W -f osm2pgrouting.sql

Script to create tables from the openstreetmap tables for routing

Changed 14 months ago by anton

I didn't mean the entire dump - just few edges around that suspicious place would be enough.

Changed 6 months ago by simonnuttall

In this simple example there are two edges, one has cost 35, the other 4, but shortest_path() chooses the 35.

drop table if exists edge;

CREATE TABLE edge (
  id int4 NOT NULL,
  start int4 NOT NULL,
  finish integer NOT NULL,
  cost float8 NOT NULL,
  reverse_cost float8 NOT NULL);

truncate edge;

insert into edge values (35, 100, 200, 35, 35);
insert into edge values ( 4, 100, 200,  4,  4);

SELECT * FROM shortest_path('SELECT id, start::int4 as source, finish::int4 as target, cost, reverse_cost from edge', 100, 200, true, true);

routing=# SELECT * FROM shortest_path('SELECT id, start::int4 as source, finish::int4 as target, cost, reverse_cost from edge', 100, 200, true, true);
 vertex_id | edge_id | cost 
-----------+---------+------
       100 |      35 |   35
       200 |      -1 |    0
(2 rows)

If I swap the order of the inserts in the above, it does give the right answer. I'm using a version recently downloaded from SVN.

I haven't looked at the original problem described in this ticket, but the symptoms I'm seeing here seem related.

Changed 5 months ago by simonnuttall

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.